We LOVE bikes and everything that comes along with them. Here are some more reasons to fall even more in love with the sport.
- It torches calories. A 135-pound woman pedaling 12 to 14 miles an hour blasts 488 calories in 60 minutes
- It tones all over. Cyclists are notorious for having killer legs. After all, the quads, glutes , and calves are propelling the bike. But working the handlebar sculpts your upper body too, giving you balanced tone.
- It boosts energy. Bike riding improves energy levels by 20 percent and decreases fatigue by 65 percent.
- It is good for your heart. Just 3 hours of bicycling per week can reduce your risk of heart disease and stroke by 50%
- It’s good for the environment. The U.S . could save 462 million gallons of gasoline a year by increasing cycling from 1% to 1.5% of all trips.
- It’s Fun!