The Bike Lane is raising money to buy bikes and helmets for
the United States Marine Corps Toys for Tots!
Help us to reach our Goal of: 50 bikes and 50 helmets!
Every donation counts!
What your donation can purchase:
$25 Youth Helmet
$100 12″ Kids Bike: 4-6 yr old
$150 16″ Kids Bike: 6-8 yr old
$175 20″ Kid Bike: 8-12 yr old
The Bike Lane will use 100% of your donation and all profits to purchase safe high quality youth bikes and helmets. The Bike Lane will then get the bikes ready for the Toys for Tots Marine Corps Collection Day at The Reston Town Center on Friday, December 11.
To donate click the link below:
The Darkness- I believe in a thing called love.
Cyclists in Washington took part in the city’s first “Tweed Ride,” an event in which bicyclists put on their most dapper attire and toured the city. Participants were encouraged to wear Victorian-era fineries and ride vintage bicycles. The practice began earlier this year in London and since there have been rides in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago and Boston.
Get the full story here.. http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=120470684&sc=fb&cc=fp
Sorry we are a little behind on last weeks song. Better late then never right?
Cake – The Distance
Ladies Night Out
We had a great turn out for our Ladies Night that was held last Friday evening at the Reston shop. We had about 20 women show up and enjoy drinks and treats while learning about the importance of a proper bike fitting from our manager Adam, we also heard from Kris from Trek who taught us basic bike maintenance. In-case you missed it here are a few key points that we went over.
- NEVER wear underwear with bicycle shorts.
- Always carry the proper supplies, and tools you need in case you get a flat.( spare tube, tire lever, hand pump or CO2 )
- A good starting point for a comfortable saddle is making sure it is level.
- Minor adjustments on your bike can make all the difference in the world. If your having soreness when riding, take your bike into the shop and have one of our staff fit you properly on your bike. It will make your rides much more enjoyable.
- Before every ride always put air in your tires
- Grease your chain about every 4-6 rides
Thank you to everyone who made it! Enjoy your riding!